Monday, January 17, 2005

Arrived on GTS Infinity

I am happy to report that I have made it safely to the Infinity. I had a very long flight all night to get to Santiago, Chile. From there I was driven with a hand full of other new sign-ons to Vapariso, Chile. It was a nice drive only took about two hours. We started in the mountains, then went through wine country, and finally ened up in this big port town. I got to ride a car with one of the concierges and we were having a great time enjoying the scenery until she noticed that the driver, who spoke no English, had a pistol nestled between the passenger seat and the emergency brake.

She said, I don't know weither to be glad or scared. Should I be glad that he has a gun and can protect us, or scared that he needs a gun to protect us. He was happily pointing out land marks to us in Spanish, and nothing bad happened. I guess it's just the way things are around here. These next few weeks I will be very busy learning all my new equipment, I will send more about my adventures later.

Katie

No comments: