Thursday, May 05, 2005

Acapulco, Mexico


In the not too distant past Acapulco, Mexico was a place for the rich and famous to get away. Now it’s a huge port town bustling with people and traffic. I didn’t really care for it, but I figured it would be a waste not to get off. I went with Steve to see the cliff divers. There are these divers that get up high on some cliffs next to the ocean and they have to wait for a wave to swell so they can dive into it, otherwise the water is too shallow and they could break their necks. It’s very dangerous and an exciting show to see. It was too hot and my camera was cold from being on the ship so my lens was fogged, but I did get one shot where you can see the little diver at the top of the cliff waiting for just the right moment to jump.

Next Steve and I went to a fancy hotel where Elvis stayed when he visited Acapulco. It was really cool, they had a bar in the pool. So you sat on seats that were in the water and ordered your drinks and food and ate with your body still in the pool. We spent all afternoon there just relaxing. I decided I needed a diva shot next to the pool and just as I was posing, Jason from AV (audio visual department) jumped in behind me and copied me. I had no idea he was doing it until I saw the pictures the next day.

Katie

No comments: