Saturday, December 31, 2005

Christmas Night


On Christmas night we had a nice dinner for the crew upstairs with wine and plum pudding and everything. The dinner was so great. I sat with some of the crew from shops and our senior assistant cruise director, but he had to go back to work and couldn’t finish the dinner. Later on the Chief Officer (2nd in command of the ship) and a friend of his from Holland came and sat with us. We were about half way through the courses, when the servers came by and cleared a spot and put out a bottle of wine and made everything really nice in the seat right across from me, and I thought what are they doing, the dinner is half finished. Then the Captain came and joined our table. He was so nice and very laid back. We talked all through dinner and then they were all going to the bar for drinks and invited me along. The Captain bought everyone drinks, I warned him that my laugh got louder the more I had to drink, so he got me two. Everyone rolled out the red carpet for us wherever we went. I had so much fun. It was a great evening. Katie

No comments: