Friday, June 19, 2009

Paul visits

Paul stopped by for a visit on his motorcycling road trip. We had tried once before to get to Mt. Mitchell last time he visited and like the last time we met with defeat. Before the road was washed out, this time it was too foggy and rainy to see anything when we finally got close. We beat the rain down the mountain and I still managed to snap a few pictures. Paul also helped me haul another load of bricks. Beware, if you come for a visit, I might put you to work doing manual labor :)

I may have jumped the gun in saying “I bought a house.” I should have said I’m under contract to buy a house. You’d think it was as good as bought, but in this case not so much. I’ve been going though paperwork for about a month and until yesterday everything was on track for me to close next Thursday, but in the inspection process we found some problems with the pluming and electric. The seller agreed to pay me the amount to fix the problems at closing, but the estimates came back higher than they were allowed to pay. So we had to take the money off the price of the house. Then the lender got all the paperwork and said, we couldn’t do that either the problems have to be fixed before they will approve the loan. So that’s where I am right now. I have to wait for them to fix the problems, get the house to pass inspection, and then get the lender to okay the loan. I’ll keep you updated and I’ll be sure to let you all know when I have actually “bought a house.”

Katie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Best of luck on the house buying!