Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I won 2 Emmys!

I just picked up two Emmys this year for a news promotion I worked on with David Saich and short form directing!  I'm so excited to be honored for my directing work.  I've always loved being a director and to get that kind of acknowledgement from my peers, feels amazing! 

I'm so blessed and so grateful to all my family and friends who have given me their love and support my whole life. Every artist has to survive their share of rejection and criticism and through it all, it's friends and family that lift us up so we can keep striving for excellence.  If you know an artist of any kind, give them a hug and tell them they are awesome because sometimes they forget and it's you who keeps them going.

I went down to Atlanta for the awards with my good friends David Ostergaard and Tina Herring.  They are both tons of fun and we had such a great trip.  David also won that night for a commercial he worked on and you can see the elation in this behind the scenes video I put together:

1 comment:

Sam said...

KATIE!!! CONGRATS!!! I LOVE THE VIDEO!!! I especially liked all the sweet dance moves!!! :-D