Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I Sold My House

My house was so awesome and I had such a great experience living there, but I hated the commute to work.  Some people will probably laugh at the 20 minute drive I had to make, but that drive is a constant in my life and I don't like it.  I want to bike to work, so I'm moving into an apartment that's only 1 mile from my job.  Instead of spending 40 minutes a day, 3 hours a week, 173 hours a year driving to work and back, I'll be spending 30 minutes a day getting a good work out, doing something good for the environment and actually enjoying my mornings and evenings as I come and go from work.  I know selling a perfectly good house seems like an extreme thing to do, but to me it makes perfect sense.  Goodbye house by the trains.  Hello daily bike ride!

 

No comments: