Friday, February 25, 2005

Switching Cabins

Today I had a full body, deep tissue massage on board. They have a great discount for crew in the spa. A Canadian named Merrill was my masseuse and man was he good. I feel like pudding. If you have never had a professional massage, you must get one before you die. Yes, they are expensive, but it is an experience worth the price. Just don’t get addicted to them, then you’ll be in trouble.

I’ve had to change rooms. I’m sharing now. My roommate is the only female on the AV team her name is Marie. She’s French Canadian and she’s so sweet, and tiny. Two of her shoes would fit in one of mine. When we were first standing in the room together she said, "You’re so tall, are you sure you will fit in the bed?" We get along great and I didn’t mind moving, but now I’m in the very back of the ship and it’s so noisy. My old room was a the front and you couldn’t hear the engines when we were moving. All you could hear was the water splashing against the side of the ship, it was like sleeping on the beach. In the back there is a rumbling hum like when you’re in the movie theater watching a disaster movie and there’s an asteroid about to hit and there’s that low rumble as it gets closer and closer and your seat vibrates. It’s like that. I’m laying in bed waiting for the asteroid to hit. The first couple of nights I couldn’t sleep. I’m getting used to it now. Hopefully when the singer who has been stuck on the ship because she can’t get a flight out in these little South American ports gets to go home, they will move me back.

The broadcast room is also at the front of the ship and now because I’m as far to the back as physically possible it takes me 4 minutes to walk to the broadcast room. This ship is that big! Still beats rush hour traffic though ;)

Katie

No comments: