Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mountain Climbing

When I was a kid Monkey bars were my favorite playground play thing. I have never attempted mountain climbing before, but there's this climbing wall downtown on the street and I've seen people climbing it all the time. I've seen little kids scamper up the thing like it was nothing. So I figured, if they can do that, so can I. I'm in pretty good shape. How hard could it be?

Well let me tell you, it's hard! Paul and I went to tackle the rock climbing wall when he was visiting here and at least he made it half way up the thing, I couldn't even go that far. My forearms and hands were like jello. I tried a few times, but the longer I climbed, the more my strength waned. I finally had to call it quits for the big wall outside. I felt a little better when I made it to the top of a wall that was inside and wasn't leaning out at an angle. I would love to do it again, but I think I will have to strengthen my armpit muscles. That's right, I said armpit muscles. Did you know you have muscles in your armpits? Well you do, and if you go rock climbing you will realize that they are there the next day.

Katie




No comments: