Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Blue Hair and Dreams

I've always wanted blue hair.  When my age was still in the single digits and I loved cartoons and super heroes and thought about changing my name to something exotic like Evangeline, I also wanted tattoos and blue hair.  My parents, possessing a combination of great wisdom and a desire to never stifle a dream, always told me that when I became an adult I could do whatever I wanted.  I could stay up all night, eat cake and ice cream for breakfast, I could watch cartoons all day long and get tattoos all over my body.  I would go to bed dreaming of the day I would become an adult.  I would tell my young self not to forget about all the amazing things I wanted to do as a grownup.  I began making lists of my dreams.  The lists have evolved over time.  I traded dreams of castles for dreams of tiny houses, instead of wanting horses I wanted movies.  But some dreams I have not grown out of.  Blue hair was one of them. 

If you have a long standing dream, one that time has not eroded, take hold of it and go for it.  Make a whole list of them, big and small, revisit the list, add to it, cross things off, change your mind, and live your dreams.  You have the power to change your whole life at any given moment.  Never forget that.

Before and after.





No comments: