Friday, January 27, 2006

Willie T


Okay you guys, these are the only Willie T pictures you will get. Here’s the T-shirt I got for jumping. We are just finishing up a smooth jazz charter cruise. Special groups can get a bunch of people together and book the entire ship and that’s what this smooth jazz group did. There are all different kinds of groups that charter cruises. In a few weeks we are going to have a religious group on. Basically the group can make their own schedule and do whatever activities they want.

This group picked a different Caribbean itinerary from our usual one. We went to St. Barts, Nevis, and San Juan. They have also had really great concerts with some big name smooth jazz people. I didn’t know who any of them are, but they are all great musicians.

I like Euge Groove best, he plays the sax and when he comes out everyone yells his name, at first I thought they were booing. Wayman Tisdale is a gigantic bass player, he used to play basketball and he must be seven feet tall. Richard Elliot emotes too much for me. Brian Culbertson is an incredible pianist and trombone player. I think he’s the best showman of them all. Jeff Golub is a crazy guitarist who always asks for screwdrivers during the show and someone in the audience always buys them for him. Brenda Russell and Bobby Caldwell are the only ones who did songs that I recognized. The Canadian sax player Warren Hill, who I think is supposed to be the most famous of them, hosts the whole thing. It’s been an interesting week. The guests have all been great.

I’ve had to mix video for all the shows. It’s such a pain, I’ve been so busy, but you know I’d never let that get in the way of seeing some new places. I’ll show you the islands we visited in the chronicles to come. Stay tuned.

Katie

No comments: