Saturday, December 20, 2008

Skiing at Chataloochee


The Cataloochee ski area in Maggie valley was having its annual canned food drive, and I thought this would be a great opportunity to go skiing. Sam and Ashley had never been skiing before, being from Florida and Louisiana respectively, so we all decided to go up and ski for the day. Sam took to it like someone who was born around snow and by the end she and I had progressed to a more difficult slope. Ashley had a little more trouble her first time out, but she kept at it and we all had a blast. On the bunny slope there was one little girl who hadn’t so much learned how to stop as she had learned that sliding down the slope on her butt would eventually make her come to a stop. One time she came careening at me and ended up stopping right under me. I snapped a quick shot of her in her stopping pose.

Katie

No comments: