Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

In the film and photo world there are two notoriously difficult subjects to work with: children and animals. I chose the latter. When deciding on a subject for a holiday greeting, our dogs just seemed like the natural choice. They’re fairly well behaved animals, they know how to sit and stay, they even rollover sometimes when pressed. I was sure with a little bit of cheese for bribery I could easily get my Christmas shots.

Well, after a few failed attempts to get them together, I decided to shoot each dog separately and photoshop them together later. Huney (the hound) didn’t care to have anything on her head which she made it abundantly clear with her expression. Mae West (with the tongue) was the consummate professional and was fairly sedate and easy to pose. Her only problem was that whenever a “treat” came out, she would immediately rollover three times to prove how worthy she was to receive said treat. Silvia (the young pug) is persistently hyper and the mere fact that we could get her to sit still for a few seconds at a time was miraculous in itself. So here it is my deceptively simple Christmas greeting. Enjoy!

Katie

1 comment:

Mallory said...

Oh my goodness Katie! I love the one of Mae with the antlers on her head... HAHAHA.

Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas!