Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My Next Ship: The Rotterdam

The leaves are turning, people are dusting off their sweaters, there's a chill in the air; it's that time of year…no, not Fall, it's time for me to get out of here and go some place warm. This Four month contract with Holland America will take me to the Mediterranean and South America.

I fly to Athens, Greece next Friday and I fly back home February 10th with plenty of time to spare for the Oscars which will be February 25th this year. It's a good thing that I'll have lots of time to make it home because I'm flying back from Antarctica, well not exactly, but Ushuaia, Argentina is pretty darn close. They're the closest port town to Antarctica.

I'm really looking forward to my month in the Mediterranean with ports in Italy, Morocco, Spain, and Portugal. I've done South America before and there are only a couple of new ports that I'll be visiting this time around. One of those ports is Antarctica it's self. We aren't actually going to be stopping there, it's not like there's a dock or anything, but for three days we're going to be cruising there. I can't wait. I get to see it before it all melts away.

Katie

1 comment:

CJ said...

Hi Katie,
You left a comment on my blog: www.adventures-of-a-vagabond.blogspot.com. I just wanted to say thanks for leaving a comment and to also say that I loved the poster for your Europe exhibition: fantastic. I would love to see some more of those images. I myself am an (amateur) photographer but am considering something more professional when I get home. Asia is certainly somewhere where great photos happen on an hourly basis - I need to speed up to get them! ;) It would be great to keep in touch. My email is claresheridan@msn.com if you're interested.
Clare.