Friday, October 06, 2006

Mt. Pisgah

Rebecca and I went on a little road trip to Mt. Pisgah with our friend Kristin who came down from DC for the weekend. The weather was fabulous and we had fun hiking on the trails and just sitting around enjoying the scenery. Mt. Pisgah is really close to us. It's only about 30 miles South on the Blue Ridge Parkway, but I think it took us 45 minutes to an hour to actually get there because the roads were steep and windy.
I don't have a picture of Mt. Pisgah itself because from where we were, it just wasn't that exciting of a view. I took a picture of another cool mountain a little further South. I don’t know which one it is but it looks neat. I would recommend Mt. Pisgah on a clear day when the sun is setting. There's good hiking and good scenery. I prefer Mt. Mitchell, but Pisgah is a close second.

Katie

No comments: