Saturday, April 16, 2005

Napa Valley


The next stop for the San Francisco Gang was wine country in Napa Valley. But before we got there, we stopped and took pictures at the golden gate bridge and then visited Muir Woods where they have giant redwood trees. Now this trip to see the wine country was a guy named Steve Merchant’s idea. Steve Merchant is a Canadian activities staff guy and when he suggested a trip to the wine country, I knew I had to do it. So it was supposed to be me, and Canadian Steve, and Aussie Steve, and Alex (who is Austrian in case you were wondering) but Canadian Steve decided he didn’t want to go anymore. So we made a joke of it the whole trip and below you'll see we are at a nice restaurant toasting to Steve for having such a great idea.

After that trip we toured around San Francisco the next few days. I stocked up on some professional film to get me through Hawaii. I also went and got contact lens. I have daily wear disposable so I just wear them whenever I feel like it and I wear my glasses the rest of the time. I love it. Now I can still see when I go swimming at the beach or snorkeling. And I don't have to wear my glasses when I get all dressed up and go out.

All these pictures and the ones from the previous Chronicle and the next few chronicles to come are courtesy of Aussie Steve (he's the one drinking a giant latte below.) I was shooting mostly black and white inferred and medium format. That won’t be processed for a while. So I’ll have to share my own pictures later. Doing Black and White inferred was interesting. The film is very sensitive and you’re supposed to put it in your camera and take it out in complete darkness, and since I don’t have a changing bag to do that, I had Alex and Steve lock me up in the trunk of the car to change my film. That was funny.

Katie

No comments: