Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Canary Islands


I missed out on the Canary Islands which are Spanish owned and off the coast of Africa. It’s a real shame because everyone that got off said it was great place to visit. All the islands are volcanic and some of the volcanoes are still active. There was one restaurant that drilled a big hole in the ground like a well and they would put their food down in it and bar-b-que from the heat of the volcano. I got some pictures from the ship of some local dancers welcoming everyone. I don’t really like to talk about work in the chronicles because that’s mostly boring, but I do actually have to do some work now and again. And these days in the Canary Islands were one of those times I was just too busy to get off. I’m quite lucky to get off as much as I do. A lot of jobs on ships don’t have the flexibility in scheduling that I do.

Katie

No comments: