Thursday, March 03, 2005

Montevideo, Uruguay

Montevideo, Uruguay is a nice town. I already sent pictures taken by my friend Adrianna from the Estancia that we went to in Uruguay near Montevideo, but we were there twice. I’ve attached some of my pictures from the Estancia and also pictures that I took when I did a tour of the town. I got to see the beaches, which was actually the shore of a river, so I guess it wasn’t technically a beach, but the river was so wide you couldn’t see the other side and it just looked like a beach with brown muddy water. I saw a statue of Artigas in the old part of town and the large government building where the Senate and the House of Representatives reside. Outside there were two guards posted in traditional uniforms you can see in the picture below. Next I will take you to Buenos Aires and show you what a real tango looks like.

Katie

No comments: