Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Ushuaia, Argentina


Most of these ports I have been in twice. Once on the way up to Brazil and again on the way back around Cape Horn, through the Straits of Magellan and back toward the Panama Canal to end up in Ft. Lauderdale at the end of this cruise. So I’ve been to Ushuaia, Argentina twice. I’m going to tell you about the first time now and the next Chronicle will be about my second time to Ushuaia.

On this trip, I went hiking to the bottom of a Glacier with Sandy, the Sports Coordinator, Phil a Tasmanian sax player, and Nate an AV (audio visual) guy. We took a lift up to the bottom of this mountain and hiked the rest of the way to the bottom of a glacier that was there. It was about a two-hour hike and man was it steep. That hike has inspired me to work out on a regular basis. Before we left, we stopped off at a little restaurant/cabin and had soup and coffee and red wine. It all tasted wonderful. And the woman who brought us our food was great. She let the boys try three different beers and warned them that Argentinean beers weren’t so good, but the wine was excellent. We finally ended up splitting a bottle of wine.

Katie

No comments: