Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Chimney Rock


Chimney Rock Park is just a short drive from Asheville. Biltmore Estate Employees can get themselves and family members in for free. So Brie and Rebecca and I set off on a spur of the moment adventure (I’m so sorry I forgot to call you Michael, I will get you next time.)

We stopped by an apple orchard to pickup some fresh apples and pet the animals they had. Then we hiked all over Chimney Rock Park. My favorite is Hickory Nut Falls. It’s over 400 feet of cascading water. You might recognize it as the sight of the final scene in Last of the Mohicans.

Rebecca played in the water a bit and then when it came time to take a group picture she put her icy hands on my neck and Brie’s. That’s why our smiles look more like grimaces. We all had a great day and hope to go back again before winter.

Katie

No comments: