Friday, October 28, 2005

Joining my next ship: Zuiderdam


I have just accepted a contract with Holland America Cruise Lines. I will be broadcast manager on the Zuiderdam. As manager I will get my own room and much better pay then I got at Celebrity. My uniform is pretty much my own clothes as long as they are all black. There isn’t a staff mess, I just get to go up and eat with the guests. On Holland America I will be considered a two stripe officer (no cool officer’s uniform though.) My friend Dave got me the job. He’s on a Holland ship too.

The Zuiderdam does an East Caribbean run for the whole time I’ll be there. I’ll be in Ft. Lauderdale most every Sunday. From there the ship will go to the Bahamas, St. Thomas, Tortola and that’s pretty much it. My contract will be short, only four months. I leave in five days and I will be back by March 4th. Which will be just in time for the Oscar Party. It will also be perfect timing to start working as a photographer.

That’s right, as soon as I get back, I’m going to be working as an associate photographer with Woodward and Rick Photography. They are my favorite photographers in Asheville and I’m so excited about working with them. They can’t start me right away and winter is slow anyway so this contract will be the perfect filler (not to mention an escape from the cold.)

There’s no free internet access for me on the ship and since I will be manager and a first timer at that, I imagine I will be very busy to begin with, but I will of course keep you all updated as much as possible. Well I have to get packing and get everything in order before I ship out, tee hee.

Katie

No comments: