Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Alaska


Alaska is marvelous. Everywhere we go the air is cool and clean and fresh. There are so many bald eagles up here; they’re like pigeons. And we have been so lucky to have had the most wonderful weather anyone could hope for. For my first great Alaskan adventure, I went hiking in Juneau on Mount Roberts with Steve. We had a great time. We made it all the way to the top, but I have to admit we cheated a little and took a tram up for the first half of the mountain. Then we slid on our butts on the snowy patches on the way down and man was is cold.

Now before you all start asking again, I just want to set you all straight. Steve and I are not a couple, neither are Alex and I for that matter. Both Steve and Alex already have girlfriends. And sadly, Steve is leaving tomorrow. He has been a wonderful friend and adventure buddy and I will miss him greatly. You will still see him in the Chronicles, though because I am always a little behind with them. I’ve actually been on two Alaska cruises already. I have just over a month to go up here. So enjoy, and don’t forget to send me email about what you are doing. Really, I like hearing from all of you, even if it’s just to say hi.

Katie

No comments: