Monday, June 13, 2005

Skagway, Alaska


Skagway, Alaska is a really cool town. I’ve been there twice and I will go again once more this cruise, and then that’s it. We will be starting seven-day cruises and they’ve cut Skagway out, which is a huge bummer because it’s not only a cool port town, but there’s lots of great hiking and the sail in and out is beautiful.

My first time in Skagway, I went to the Red Onion Saloon. It’s a neat little bar that used to be a brothel. They have a tour upstairs with one of the colorful servers that Steve, Alex, and I went on. And they invite musicians from the ships to play for beer. So Steve played with some of the other guys from our ship and one other that was docked. And yes, that’s Alex behind the drum set in one shot and no he’s not a drummer, but yes he was drunk. We all had a great time in the Red Onion Saloon.

Katie

No comments: