Saturday, June 04, 2005

Ocho Rios, Jamaica



I’d been to Ocho Rios, Jamaica a number of times when I worked on the Century and my favorite excursion in the Caribbean was horseback riding in the ocean in Ocho Rios. The Infinity docked in Montego Bay, Jamaica and I raved about horseback riding on the beach to Alex who had always wanted to do that. So the San Francisco Gang was at it again. Alex, Steve and I went horseback riding in Jamaica.

I wanted to go with the same company that I did the last time I was there, but they would only deal through the ship, and our shore excursions person on the ship couldn’t arrange it for us. So we got off and asked a local if there were any other ranches around that would take us horseback riding in the ocean. He found a place that was close by that would do it.

We really lucked out on this one. The place we went to was very small and they didn’t have any big tours for the day. So it was just me, Alex, Steve, our guide and his young son. We got our own personalized tour of the countryside. We went through the mountains and down to a deserted beach. Then we rode bareback in the water. That was a really great day. If you're ever in Jamaica, go horseback riding in the ocean, there's nothing else like it.

Katie

No comments: