Monday, February 27, 2006

Flaming Spanish Coffee


Flaming Spanish Coffee, it sounds exciting and it is exciting. I saw that they were serving this drink in one of the lounges one evening on the Zuiderdam. I called a few crew to go try it with me. They all said, ‘that sounds great, but what is it?’ And I told them, ‘I have no idea, but if it doesn’t involve fire, I’ll be really disappointed.’


Well I wasn’t disappointed. It was so neat to watch the bartender make it. I decided I had to learn how. I asked the bartender all kinds of questions about what he was doing and what the ingredients were. So on Saturday in Ft. Lauderdale when I got to be the first one to see Aunt Janny’s new townhouse, I made her and Jessica Flaming Spanish Coffee.


I had to smuggle a bottle of 120 proof rum off to do it so Aunt Janny started calling me Katie the Rum Runner. Jessica took these cool pictures of me making the coffees. Aunt Janny didn’t want her picture taken, but she was a hand model holding one the finished drinks. I’m taking the bottle of rum home with me so anyone who would like to have Flaming Spanish Coffee served to them at the Oscar Party, just ask me and I will be happy to make it for you too.


Katie

No comments: