Friday, February 24, 2006

Snorkeling with Sharks in Nassau


When we were in Nassau in the Bahamas last, it was a chilly day. Some people canceled their snorkeling tour so they had some extra room. Though most of you know how I abhor cold weather, I just couldn’t let that stop me from getting the chance to snorkel with sharks again. This time I went with Nyron the shore excursions manager.


We had such a good day. The water was incredibly clear and we went to even better reefs than we did the last time I went, plus there was a smaller group since most people had canceled. The place we went to offered us wetsuits, but I didn’t want to be a wimp. So I didn’t get one. Of course after I was sitting on the boat in the wind with my wet body huddled under a towel with my teeth chattering, I kind of wished I had wimped out and gotten one. Still the day was great and at one point one of the sharks got curious and came really close to the group, maybe only 6 feet away, and the shark must have been at least 6 feet long. I got a shot as it was swimming away. It was a very exciting day.


Katie

No comments: