Monday, February 20, 2006

Josiah’s Bay, Tortola


Janelle was a dancer on my first ship, the Century. She was also an actress in one of the mime series movies. Her boyfriend, Carsten, is working on the Zuiderdam with me and she came on for a couple of cruises to visit him. Carsten wasn’t able to get off in Tortola, but Janelle, Igor and I were able to get out to the beach together. We went to Josiah’s Bay, which is the same place that I went surfing before. We had a great time playing in the surf and on the beach.


Now I know I have had plenty of pictures with various great looking guys who have always been just friends, I find it’s best to keep it that way when you’re on ships, but I just couldn’t help myself with Igor. Yes, we are dating.


He’s a Cinematographer and he worked as an assistant camera operator in broadcasting during the war in Bosnia, hence the exciting war stories. He had some really bad experiences during some recent productions so he went to work on ships as a photographer to get away from it all and see some of the world. And just for you, Rebecca, his birthday is May 17th. He’s only just starting his first contract and I am about to end mine. He’s from Bosnia, I’m from the US. I don’t know what will happen when I go. I don’t know when I’ll see him again. I only know that I want to.


Katie

No comments: